Stuart Rotary Club in Patrick County, VA
We are please to add a Cattle Show (heifer/female show only) to the events held this year at the fair for exhibitors ages 7 to 19. The Heifer Show is Thurdsay, September 19, 2013, 6 PM. If you would like to enter or have quetions please call Carol Byrd (276) 694-3341.
HEIFER SHOW RULES
1. All breeds will be shown together.
2. This is a heifer/female show only, no bulls or cow-calf pairs allowed.
3. All exhibitors must age of 7 – 19 as of Jan. 1 2013.
4. Exhibitors are responsible for knowing and following all rules of the livestock show.
5. Using unethical techniques to train, feed, or medically treat a show animal is prohibited. Anyone found to be using unethical methods with their show animals will be asked to remove animals from the fairgrounds and not show for the remanding of the fair. Water must be available to all livestock.
6. Any animals suspected of carrying a contagious disease will be required to leave the barn.
7. Good showmanship and conduct is expected from all exhibitors. Anyone who slaps, hits, or mistreats an animal during the show will be asked to leave.
8. ANIMALS MUST BE CLEAN, DRY, AND UNFITTED FOR THE ENTIRE SHOW.
9. Bedding will be provided throughout the entire fair.
Class numbers for the Heifer Show are as followed:
1. Junior Heifer Calves, calved March 1, 2013 and after
2. Junior Heifer Calves calved Jan. 1, 2013 to Feb. 28, 2013
3. Late Senior Heifer Calves, calved between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012
4. Early senior Heifer calves, calved between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31, 2012
5. Late summer yearling heifer calves, calved between July 1 and Aug. 31, 2012
6. Early Summer yearling Heifer, calved between May 1 and June 30, 2012
7. Spring Junior Yearling Heifer, calved between March 1 and April 30, 2012
8. Early Junior Yearling Heifer, calved between Jan. 1 and Feb. 28, 2012
9. Late Senior Yearling Females, calved between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, 2011
10. Early Senior Yearling Females, calved between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31, 2011